West Walsall E-ACT Academy as part of the multi-academy trust E-ACT, has a single governing body (our Board of Trustees) comprised of seven independent volunteers who are ultimately accountable for the performance and strategic leadership of the organisation. E-ACT’s Board also includes the Chief Executive who is an ex officio Trustee.
The Board are supported by the Executive Leadership Team and National Team, underneath which sits six Regional Teams led by a Regional Education Director (RED) and Regional Operations Director (ROD), with a series of subject specialist expert system leaders within each of their teams.
Our REDs and RODs hold E-ACT Headteachers to account through 6 weekly formal ‘Raising Achievement Boards’ and, in turn, the REDs and RODs are held to account by the Executive Leadership Team through 6 weekly formal ‘Regional Performance Boards’.
West Walsall E-ACT Academy is part of the Midlands region and our Regional Team is:
Midlands Regional Team
|Stuart Bellworthy||Regional Education Directoremail@example.com|
|Linda Gregory||Regional Operations Directorfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Andrea Packer||System Leader for Safeguarding, Attendance and Behaviouremail@example.com|
|Alison Quinn||SEND and More Able System Leaderfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|Gemma Fleury||Data System Leaderemail@example.com|
|Cherie Grier||Regional Cofirstname.lastname@example.org|
|(Specialist Subject System Leaders – dependent on needs of the region)|
West Walsall E-ACT Academy Ambassadorial Advisory Group
Alongside the Raising Achievement Boards, E-ACT has established advisory bodies in each academy called the Academy Ambassadorial Advisory Group (AAG). The Academy Ambassador remit will has four key elements:
- Celebration: to help to make sure that celebration of staff, pupils and parents remains a priority for each academy, and to find the best way to do this.
- Communication: to work with staff, pupils and parents to make sure that the academy effectively communicates to all stakeholders, so that everyone feels part of academy life and has the opportunity to access information and events.
- Concerns or complaints: to act as an independent local point of contact for staff, pupils and parents to express their concerns. Academy Ambassadors will signpost people to the right channels for dealing with their issues and will ensure that any concerns or complaints are fed back to the AAG. Where any trends emerge, the Academy Ambassadors work with the Principal and other ambassadors to help find solutions. Academy Ambassadors will also always form the majority of members on any appeals panels.
- Community: making sure that the pupils maximise on local opportunities by finding ways to keep the academy at the heart of the community and acting as a key link between the two. To really help the academy to explore what it can do to make the school a hub of community services.
West Walsall E-ACT Academy’s Ambassadors:
|Andrea Mayne||Chair of the Ambassadorial Advisory Group|
|Adrian Andrew||Ambassadorial Advisory Group Member|
|Andrew Dunkley||Ambassadorial Advisory Group Member|
|Keith Constable||Ambassadorial Advisory Group Member|
|Mahinder Dhadley||Ambassadorial Advisory Group Member|
|Maxine Lathbury-Cox||Ambassadorial Advisory Group Member|
|Nasreen Hussain||Ambassadorial Advisory Group Member|
|Tracy Hammond||Ambassadorial Advisory Group Member|
Please note, the Board of Trustees is the governing body for E-ACT and all E-ACT academies, as the AAG is an advisory body only. Attendance of trustees at meetings are published on the trust website in E-ACT’s annual report found on the (how we work page), which also contains information on the structure and responsibilities of the Board and its Committees. Trustees’ business and financial interests can also be found on the same page of the trust website in the ‘Member and trustee register and declared interests’ document.
Other important documents which can be found on the trust website are:
- Articles of Association
- Master Funding Agreement and Supplemental Agreements
- E-ACT’s Scheme of Delegation which shows all delegated authorities from the Board of Trustees.
- E-ACT’s detailed governance overview, showing how we continue to meet all our statutory and regulatory requirements under our regionalised governance model.